9.21.2008

Fall is in the Air

Do you feel it? It's here. It's gently working its way into the air. It hasn't declared itself in all of its full glory -- but it's coming. I've been waiting, expecting, anticipating....I can hardly wait any longer.

IT is Autumn -- my favorite time of the year.

Autumn exudes the feeling of warmth, romance, ambiance, comfort. I love to stroll through the forest in a cozy sweater, surrounded by colorful vibrant leaves while the sun beams down on me through the crisp air. A pumpkin latte sounds good right about now, doesn't it?


But I have to admit, another predominant reason for my obsession with Autumn is the food that I associate with it. It's about comfort foods, earthy ingredients, slow-cooked and braised dishes. Oh, I can hardly wait!

Autumn is all about wild mushrooms, various squash dishes (especially butternut squash), root vegetables, braised meats, soups and chowders, cinnamon and nutmeg, and don't forget about all of those pumpkin recipes.

I already decorated my home with pumpkins and hardy mums, and I've started in with a few autumn-inspired dishes. I can't wait to share those with you this week. Stay tuned. There are SO many recipes and experiences that I'll share with you this fall. I hope that you enjoy the season with me in all of its bounty and glory, we've only just begun...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of fall and pumpkins, hopefully you can join us at the pumpkin patch again this year! B

Foodie said...

Count me in! I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Starla said...

I read your recent posts and especially enjoyed the imagery of the stroll in the forest in a cozy sweater :)

Foodie said...

Starla-

Perhaps we could wear our matching argyle sweaters and stroll thru the arboretum when I'm back? Ha!